Friday, October 13, 2006

Ping's life :)

Dear all,

Hello! This is Ping writing in for the 1st time. It's so nice to see everyone's interesting comments and updates. Hong is having a great time in US. And Ah Soon is adjusting well to new life in UK. Meanwhile, Ah Ling is a seasoned veteren living and enjoying life in UK now.

I've just completed one gruelling year of housemanship. I'm so happy that this 1 year 'torture' is finally over. Good news is I'm going to start my 2nd year of working life as a medical officer in a new hospital in Sungai Buloh. It's a brand new hospital just opened on 20 Sept 2006.

I'm looking forward to a better quality of life. Surviving 1 year of housemanship is more than enough. There were times when i had to stay awake the entire night and continue working the following day. That's roughly working for 36 hours nonstop. No fun at all lah. Working insanely long hours for many days at a stretch can be really exhausting. thanks to home cooked food, herbal tonic and plenty of family love & care, i only fell sick 2 times during this tough one year.

ONe thing I really miss is waking up late in the morning without the alarm clock ringing. that's a privilege which i long for. During this one year, I have to wake up every morning at 5.30 am and arrive at work at 7 am daily. On a normal working day, if i'm not oncall, I finish work by 7 pm. That's 12 hours work.

If I'm oncall that night. I'll be working from 7 am today until 7pm the next day. Total time 36 hours in hospital. By the time it's over, all i want is to go home and sleep. So tired... no life.

Luckily can come home and play with all my dogs. They are such a stress reliever. Very joyful to play with them. :)

No comments: